Now, they have introduced the amazing new Rubbermaid LunchBlox Sandwich Kit! This new sandwich kit is so neat! It saves so much space in lunch bags and is just so handy to take on the go to work, on a picnic, or anywhere else us busy mamas find ourselves going to!
From their website:
"We are very excited to introduce the Rubbermaid LunchBlox Sandwich Kit that saves space and stays
organized in any lunch bag! The features of this product include:
- Modular containers snap together in to save space in your lunch bag
- Kit includes specially designed Blue Ice™ pack that works with LunchBlox containers to keep lunches chilled on the go
- Containers are perfectly portioned for lunch foods commonly carried away from home
- Microwave-, dishwasher- and freezer-safe and BPA-free
- The Sandwich Kit includes a sandwich container sized for regular and specialty breads, two snack containers (perfect for yogurt or nuts) and a snack container (perfect for fruits, vegetables and chips)"
I received this LunchBlox at a perfect time, because hubs and I were taking our kids to the races a couple towns away from where we live, and we were going to pack sandwiches for dinner. I was so excited to use this and really try it out! I made my sandwich and put it in the bigger compartment, of course.
I put the ice pack (that had been chilled in the freezer for a couple of days) on top to keep my sandwich chilled during the hour long car ride.
I cut up cucumbers for me and the kids and used the other two smaller containers to put those in and put everything all together.
I love that this is so small, yet holds so much! It's very convenient, instead of packing food into sandwich bags and taking a bunch of different baggies and containers with me. Hubs can also get a lot of great use out of it because he packs a lunch for work every day. He hasn't gotten the chance to use it yet (what can I say? I've been hogging it!) but he will soon! ;)
The only thing I don't like about this LunchBlox kit is that when I went to eat my sandwich a half hour or so later, the bread was slightly soggy from the ice pack thawing. I'm not sure if this was my fault or what made that happen, but that wasn't very appealing.
Other than that though, I do love this kit, and it definitely helps stay organized, save room in lunch boxes/bags, is easy to use, and convenient.
For other items in the LunchBlox family, check out Rubbermaid's website!
Be sure to follow Rubbermaid on Twitter at @Rubbermaid, share on their Facebook page, and follow their blog, Adventures in Organization!